Monday 28 November 2011

Crochet hearts

Last night I tried to make some

Crochet Hearts


for the Xmas tree, to hang on string as decoration, to make cards with or as wrapping paper decorations.

As my friend Abi, who is new to crochetting, asked me to teach her how to make crochet hearts, I tried various different version, in order to best show her next time I see her.
At first I thought it would be really difficult, but actually they are dead easy...
Even for very beginners.


Here is how I made them:

1. Chain (CH) 3


2. 2 x Half Treble stitches (HT), into first chain (this will make a row of 3 stitches, incl. the chain).
3. Turn and CH 2 (this will be your first stitch of the row).
4. 1 HT into bottom of CH, 3 HT into the next stitches (5 ST all together in that row).


5. Turn and CH 2.
6. 1 HT into bottom of CH, 5 HT into next stitches (7 ST all together in that row).
7. Turn and CH 2.
8. 1 HT into bottom of CH, 7 HT into next stitches (9 ST all together in that row).
9. Turn and CH 2.
 10. 1 HT into bottom of CH, 9 HT into next stitches (11 ST all together in that row).
11. Turn and CH 2.
12. 1 HT into bottom of CH, 11 HT into next stitches (13 ST all together in that row).
13.Turn. Skip 2 stitches. in 3rd stitch crochet 7 Double Treble (DT) stitches.
14. Skip 2 stitches. In the next stitch, make a Slip Stitch.
15. Skip 2 stitches. In the next stitch, crochet 7 Double Treble (DT).
16. Skip 2 stitches. In the last stitch of the row, finish off with a Slip Stitch (SS).
17. Finish off, sew the wool into your heart and cut any remaining strands off.


That's that.

They are so quick to make that I made a dozen last night, whilst watching
the X Factor Results.

Let me know how you get on.


heart

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for htis tutorial. I have always come stuck with crocheting, hopefully I will be able to complete one of these sweet hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shaheen, glad that I could help. They are such fun to make and once you get going with them, you will be churning them out by the dozen.
    Cheers.
    Bindu

    ReplyDelete