Friday 5 September 2014

Zig-Zag-Zoom Crochet Cushion

I have been having a very lively creative period, these last few months...
I just haven't had the time or the concentration to put all my photographs and thoughts down on the blog lately, but the winds are changing.

I have organised all the projects I have made, in recent weeks, and am about to bombard my blog with them.

Lets start with one of my favourite projects of the mo:

The Zig Zag Cushion.
also known as "The Wave".

I have made about 5 of these babies.
Why?
They are quick to make.
Love the retro look.
Cushions are good "start/finish" projects (which brings inner pride).
I can watch the latest movie/tv series, without needing to keep reading a complicated pattern...
Need I say more?

 This is how you can make your own:

Foundation: Ch 98

Row 1: dc in second chain from hook, miss 1 st, *1 dc into each of the next 8sts, 3 dc into next st, 1 dc into each of the next 8 sts, miss 2sts. Repeat from * to last 2 sts, miss 1 st, 1 dc in last st. Ch1. Turn.

Row 2: 1dc into first st, miss 1st. *1dc into each of the next 8 sts, 3 dc into next st, 1 dc into each of the next 8 sts, miss 2 sts. Repeat from * to final 2 sts, miss 1st, 1 dc into last st. Ch1. Turn.

(Row 2 is the pattern which should be repeated until you achieve a square shape, for your cushion).

You can change colour after 4 rows - or less - or more... the world is your zig-zag oyster!

You then sew your crochet front onto an equally big piece of fabric, and make up your cushion (however you choose to do this).

Enjoy.

x b.

No comments:

Post a Comment